Posted by Eugene Volokh:
"The Principal of a New Jersey Elementary School
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_09_20-2009_09_26.shtml#1253901868

   The principal of a New Jersey elementary school where young students
   were videotaped singing the praises of President Obama is making no
   apologies for the videotape and says she would allow the performance
   again if she could, according to [three] parents who spoke with her
   Thursday night....

   Parent Jim Angelillo said [Principal Denise] King told him the lesson
   was merely part of Black History month, and not an attempt to
   indoctrinate students, as critics have charged....

   King has long been a fan of Obama, hanging pictures of the president
   in her school's hallways and touting her trip to his inauguration in
   the school yearbook.

   Included in the full-page yearbook spread were Obama campaign slogans
   ("Yes we can! Yes we did!") and photos King took in Washington on Jan.
   20, when she attended the inauguration.

   There also were photos taken at the school depicting students doing
   Obama-themed activities about their "hopes for the future," featuring
   posters of Obama....

   Attempts to reach King on Friday were unsuccessful....

   I should stress that one should always be cautious about second-hand
   accounts of oral conversations; it may be that the parents
   misunderstood the principal, or that important context was omitted.
   That's why I hope that the principal, who is after all a public
   servant, does indeed publicly explain her position herself.