All the "stuff" on the PCB and the PCB itself are only used for the display.  
The keyboard is completely independent and is completely stupid (just a 
row/column arrangement of switches inside the front panel which are connected 
to PL2).  The front panel and keys are AFAIK a sealed unit with no possibility 
for repair.

Regards,
David Partridge
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
Of Bill Ezell
Sent: 30 January 2013 22:59
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 beeping about twice a second

 > Joe, Looks like you win the prize for remote diagnosis! Disconnecting
PL2 which goes to the keyboard, and it all comes up nicely. What I can do about 
that though I am not at all sure ...

That is a remarkable catch.

You can disassemble the front panel quite easily. It could be as simple as a 
bad bypass cap, an intermittent short, or, yes, a sticky switch. If the last, 
you do have a bit of problem. It might be possible to just work it a bit and 
get it to unstick. I don't remember the construction of the switches, but I 
have a vague recollection that the flexible silk-screen button is separate from 
the actual switch. If so, you can probably find something that will work. Note 
also that there are a number of ICs on the front panel PCB. You could have a 
bad IC. If, for example, interrupt is being continually asserted, that could 
certainly keep the self-test from completing. (happened to me on a 7061)

--
Bill Ezell
----
They said 'Windows or better'
so I used Linux.

_______________________________________________
volt-nuts mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe, go to 
https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/volt-nuts
and follow the instructions there.

_______________________________________________
volt-nuts mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/volt-nuts
and follow the instructions there.

Reply via email to