One other thing. I presume that when you push the 'DIG-FILT' key, pin 5 and 6 are 'shorted' when measured on the key board connector. I think this is what you are saying but just want to make sure. If so, then I would conclude that there is a piece of conductive 'FOD' loose in the keyboard or the key was stuck. You might want to connect your 'beeping' DMM to indicate a short to pins 5 and 6 from the keyboard then shake the keyboard to see if it will 'beep' when you get it in the proper position. If an occasional beep occurs, then I would try to open the keyboard and clean the connectors.
Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of J. L. Trantham Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:50 PM To: 'Discussion of precise voltage measurement' Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 beeping about twice a second I wonder if you have a small piece of 'FOD' floating around in the front panel contacts? I have never taken a front panel for one of these apart but would suspect there would be a way to separate the buttons from their contacts and perhaps clean them. If you could do the disassembly in a clean plastic tub then carefully inspect for any small 'pieces' that might fall out, it might explain what the problem was. Glad you are making progress. Joe -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David C. Partridge Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:53 PM To: 'Discussion of precise voltage measurement' Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 beeping about twice a second And just to make a "monkeys uncle" out me, it just started working after reconnecting the keyboard for the nth time. Confused ... You bet, especially as I cannot now provoke the fault (except by holding down the DIG-FILT key or shorting pins 5 and 6). Dave -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David C. Partridge Sent: 30 January 2013 17:49 To: 'Discussion of precise voltage measurement' Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 beeping about twice a second Further information: Shorting pins 5 and 6 of PL2 causes the same symptoms, as does pressing and holding the DIG FILT key on another meter. The odd thing is though that an ohms test between 5 and 6 of keyboard is OC - which does not make sense to me? Dave _______________________________________________ volt-nuts mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/volt-nuts and follow the instructions there. _______________________________________________ volt-nuts mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/volt-nuts and follow the instructions there. _______________________________________________ volt-nuts mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/volt-nuts and follow the instructions there.
