Laser welding should work for either similar or dissimilar materials.At one
time microwire PCBs  used stainless steel  wires were welded to stainless lands.
Bruce

    On Saturday, 29 October 2016 1:39 PM, Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave
Ltd) <drkir...@kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:

 On 28 Oct 2016 15:25, "Juris L" <juri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Found reference to optimal emf solder composition cadmium/tin alloy
> (70 %/30 %) in JJ array measurement article page 12.

I wonder how practical it is to weld test leads, so there's no solder or
thermal EMF.

I know that this will sound crazy, and probably is, but could one weld
components to a PCB?

I don't even have the excuse of been drunk or taking drugs,  but I will
risk ridicule for making the above comment!  Sometimes thinking out of the
box is useful.

Dave.