On 18 September 2017 at 18:36, Todd Micallef <tmical...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Another meter is the Cambridge LOM-510A. I am not sure if it is in your
> budget but there has been a review made on EEVBlog. There is one currently
> on eBay with a current amplifier that I have never seen before today. It
> may be worth reviewing if it meets your needs.
>
> Todd

Hi Todd,
Something struck me as odd about the *model* number LOM-510A.

When I google the Keithley 580, I see a *paid advert* for an IET Labs
LOM-510A.

http://www.ietlabs.com/lom-510.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw3f3NBRDP_NHS9fq53n4SJACKIfEYZT_jyIk_TKn0gqEkzvfxwKASIpIZTcDFJfJlMwvnRRoCZYHw_wcB

But it looks nothing like the Cambridge LOM-510A on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cambridge-510A-Micro-Ohmmeter-DLRO-Includes-NEW-leads-NIST-Calibrated-LOM-510A-/291956733548

It seems a bit odd for two manufacturers (IET Labs and Cambridge
Instruments) to both have the exact same model number (LOM-510A) for an
instrument with identical functionality (micro ohms). Yet photographs of
the two instruments show they look similar, but are not identical. The IET
Labs one appears to have a couple of extra switches.

Just to make something appear even more odd, the IET Labs has a link to a
review on EEVblog.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ie/30/

but the picture shows Cambridge Instruments, but the title shows IET Labs.

Dave