From: volt-nuts <volt-nuts-boun...@febo.com> on behalf of ed breya
<e...@telight.com>
Sent: 07 March 2018 00:11
To: volt-nuts@febo.com
Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] Bohnenberger electrometer

I looked at that link that Brooke put up about Bohnenberger's
Electroscope. I don't know what your specific arrangement needs to be,
but it appears you need a plus and a minus HV wrt ground in the most
general form. If so, then this would mean having to split the voltage of
a single cap, or have two caps, one for each polarity.  Then I'd
recommend using good old microwave oven caps. You could charge them both
to say 2 kV from one HV source, then switch them around so they're
stacked and grounded at the midpoint.

Ed