The demonstrations given by this lecturer are more refined so it is easier
to observe how magenta arises in proximity to other colours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZ1THDGD34

The idea that real or objective colour is reducible to a single parameter
known as wavelength seems to me simplistic and wrong. Even with the domain
of the hard sciences, colour should be treated as
a multidimensional phenomena.

Harry