See:

"The Cost of Climate Inaction"

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RouletteTresultsofi.pdf

In the comment section there are many vociferous comments by ignorant people who do not believe in global warming. There are many accusations of fraud by large groups of scientists. This shows how unscientific the general public is, and how prone people are to believe in conspiracy theories. The same kinds of people oppose cold fusion, and have posted many ignorant comments at the CBS 60 Minutes site.

I am aware that some readers here also feel that the global warming hypothesis is wrong. However, let me say to those readers: you people are wrong, and I do not particularly want to hear from you today, thanks all the same.

I think the attacks by mainstream scientists on cold fusion have hurt the image of science in the general public, and encouraged these kinds of irrational attacks against well-founded conclusions based on data, which cannot be proved with absolute certainty. The proposition that cold fusion may solve the energy crisis also falls in this category: it is likely to be true but it cannot yet be proved with 100% certainty.

Many scientists have criticized McKubre for speculating on 60 Minutes about how cold fusion may solve the energy crisis. I think these people are out of line, and I think McKubre was fully justified. A scientist has a social responsibility to make reasonable extrapolations from his own data. If his data indicates that he may have a solution to the energy crisis, his job is to report that fact to the public. Fleischmann and Pons did this in 1989. They were completely justified and it turned out they were right.

- Jed

Reply via email to