At 3:05 AM 12/4/4, Harry Veeder wrote:
>Since it is acceptable to question conservation laws on this forum,
>perhaps CF is possible because the charge on subatomic particles is not
>conserved in all contexts.

Here are some additional old posts you might find of interest on this
subject, though more along the lines of "magnetic charge".

                Gravity, Electromagnetism, Maxwell
                    Horace Heffner - 4/16/97

The following are some (gravity related) personal opinions and a follow-up
of discussion of an earlier thread regarding Maxwell's laws with Daniel T
(the empiricist) and Robert Stirniman.  Also, some experiment ideas at the
end.

Any protracted discussion of gravity is likely to be a discussion of
electromagnetism (EM) and issues of "free energy".   This is because:

1. The understanding of fields and the mathematics of vector fields
developed largely as a result of electromagnetic theory

2. Much of the effort to understand gravity is centered in developing a
unified field theory, i.e. linking gravity to EM effects, and vice versa.
To the degree that effort is successful, a study of gravity *is* a styudy
of EM, and vice versa.  Gravity is considered by some researchers to be,
wholly or in part, a second or third order EM effect, thus the term
"electrogravity."

3. Our senses only operate with electromagnetism (e.g. touch, sight,
hearing, smell, etc.), so our perceptions and direct measurements of the
effects of gravity or any physical thing can only be derived through
effects of that thing on electromagnetic entities.

4. Classical EM is totally embodied in and deriveable from the vector form
of Maxwell's laws. EM fields conserve energy. Any mechanism that does not
conserve energy in our EM world is likely to violate Maxwell's laws, as any
process operating consistently with Maxwell's laws will not.

5. Much of the interest in gravity is really more an interest in
antigravity and/or gravity sheilding (especially in this newslist.)
Anitgraivity, if it exists in the forms typically envisioned, denies
conservation of energy, and very possibly light speed limits to travel
velocities.

6. A result of all the above is that it is reasonable to search for keys to
antigravity in the arena of any data or EM theories which stand contrary to
Maxwell's laws.  This arena is surprisingly large, and growing.  It is also
confusing due in part to the arkane or non-conventional vocabulary and in
part due to mathematical complexity.  I have only touched the surface of
the literature in this strange but fascinating and wildly speculative
world.  I can only speak from an amateur  non-expert viewpoint, but initial
impressions of EM outside of Maxwell are that there are probably a number
of bogus theories, nonsensical theories, and unfathomable theories, maybe
some good and workable theories, certainly a lot of "mainstream rejected"
theories, and lots of very interesting experimental data.