Horace Heffner writes,

> The quantum wavefunction of a particle is a function that
provides by
> location the probability amplitude for finding a particle.
The square root
> of the probability amplitude is the probability density,
the probability of
> finding the particle per volume of space..... A similar
collapse occurs at
> the moment of a tunneling event, and fusion and tunneling
may in fact be
> the same thing.

Reading this post again, but in the broader context of both
"probability waves" and how they can be enhanced... and also
in the context of Frenkel defects (being caused by
radiation), brings to mind once again a particular
experiment.

I have this particular technology filed away in the
category: "why isn't this a commercial product yet",
alongside the work of Randall Mills, et al.

Rather than repeat the curious details, here is  a 12 yr old
post to sci.physics.fusion:

http://tinyurl.com/5fejp

"From successfully obtaining cold fusion on demand, we have
an
experimental proof of Ying's general theory of 'using
incident stimulation
bosons to grab decay channels out of probability space into
normal space, and
thus enhancing probability' ....and then there is the
inevitable skeptical reply from Britz (the only Dieter I
know who is worth consulting with about an energy anomaly is
a VW mechanic....)