Title: Re: Salty water from Mars?
In Bob Parks newsletter " whats new" ,he reported the Mars explorers encountered dry ocean beds that once contained " salt water".

I just watched the PBS show on the Mars Rover for the second time. Apparently hematite doesn't form in the absence of water, ditto for sulfate salts dissolved out of the rock and deposited on the surface. The show was done too long ago for the issue of the solar cell's output suddenly coming back to it's original energy output, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them to do so either.

Perhaps that can explain my long sought answer to " why" earth's oceans are so salty. There is not enough salt on earth to cause the level of salt content that exists in the earth' oceans.

What is your source for there being insufficient salt on earth to account for the salt in the ocean?

Hmm.. again.. did earth close encounter with Mars in the distant past " strip " off water causing what the ancient's dsecribed as the " great flood" ?

Good theory Richard, it would account for a number of things. While I had this post in my out box, I listened to a man explain that Mars used to be in an orbit which carried it close to Earth. This would explain several things: the salt, the flood, a legend about the two moons, the fear of people about Mars.