Hi Robin, I assume you mean potassium carbonate in an aqueous solution. If that is the case, you won't get any potassium metal at all. You need a molten non-aqueous potassium compound in order to do this, such as potassium chloride. M. --- On Thu 01/27, Robin van Spaandonk < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote: From: Robin van Spaandonk [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: vortex-l@eskimo.com Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:45:46 +1100 Subject: A question for the electrochemists Hi,

Could someone tell me generally, which parameters affect the creation of potassium metal at the cathode of an electrolytic cell that uses a potassium carbonate electrolyte, and how to maximize it's production?

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

All SPAM goes in the trash unread.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com