its true that there is more treatment available, but heres the thing.
its NOT that expensive.  an average 10k dollar surgery actually costs,
in terms of materials and salarya and other overhead, maybe 1500.
there is a MASSIVE price increase, because, well, pay or die.  and as
medical care as we know it has a monopoly on modern healthcare, thats
not about to change.  (same thing with medical malpractice insurance.
the rise in rates charged to doctors matches the rise in salary,
benefits, and stock dividends.  they charge more, simply becuase they
can)

--
"Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to
make it possible for you to continue to write"  Voltaire