thanks jed, beat me to it.  but yes, acutally, there was a study done
that showed that about 5 percent of condoms used correctly failed
mechanically, usually as a result of being past the expiration date (a
higher problem in the third world).  ill have to hunt down the study.
and theres a higher failure rate for improper use, which is more users
than youd think.  problems like lack of lube, using petroleum based
lubes, bad sizing, improper rolling, ect.

and then, you have your condom distribution drives.  they dont
always...   turn out the way youd like.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/halfmoon1/condom-staple.jpg

something like 100k condoms they did this too, then distributed...

--
"Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to
make it possible for you to continue to write"  Voltaire