Hi Stephen.

Fair enough, my rate goes down from 16.46 to 16.05
after 250KWH. I should add that although I am using
the 16 cents figure, the actual cost is 10.1 cents.
the extra 6.5 cents is the markup Con Ed is charging,
in addition to a fixed cost of 10.50 for the service.
Like I said, they always overestimate because their
estimates are based on estimates, not on real per/month
usage. What really bothers me is with all this
estimating and fudging it becomes impossible to judge
fairly what's happening. Such a situation is ripe
for fraud; and sadly we have enough of that here in NY
to propel Eliot Spitzer to the governorship. Hey,
every cloud has a silver lining ( grin ).

I was hoping this discussion would prod some other members
to post their costs, I'm curious what others are
paying for electricity. The last time I looked, the
_actual_ cost ( currently 10.1 cents ) was competitive
compared to other providers. I could shop around
again, although all the markup and fixed costs make
it not so promising.

We're about to head into summer, and I've upgraded
the old AC unit I had to a new high efficiency device.
We generally need only one, it sits right next to my
desk so I only need to cool one room. Still, I
expect to see huge bills as a result.

K.