Supports a half-baked hypothesis of mine regarding the folks on the left and
right coasts... The methyl chloride, which penetrates the cranial
encapsulant easily, may open the diode junctions to atmospheric attack.  8^)

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Foster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:50 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Methyl Chloride

Fred wrote:

> If you are referring to the Hero Engine the calculator
> gives ammonia as well as Methyl Chloride CH3Cl. Either
> should do okay in Green's "steam engine" too but I don't think you
> want to mess with it or  Methyl Chloride!. :-(

Now Fred, you shouldna got me started. Usually, outfits
like the EPA and others try to avoid any serious discussion
of methyl chloride. 'Cause if they do, somebody who knows
what he's talking about is going to shout, "Bullshit!"

Methyl chloride is produced in such massive quantities by
the ocean that if the entire industrial enterprise of the
human race were devoted to making nothing but methyl chloride, it wouldn't
even be that metaphorical drop in the bucket. Ever wonder why the ocean
smells like the ocean? Yes, it's methyl choride, and in quantities the EPA
wouldn't approve. Exactly which environment are they trying to protect?

Next time you go to the beach, take a deep invigorating
breath and say to yourself, "Mmmm, now that's some of the
best methyl chloride I've ever smelled."  All that phytoplankton busy at
work "polluting" the environment is a sight to behold, microscopically
speaking.

BTW, I drive the Pacific Coast Highway to work every morning and I've
noticed all the traffic signals with LEDs have
begun to have faulty and failing individual parts. This doesn't seem to
happen inland.  I've a half-baked hypothesis that the methyl chloride, which
penetrates the acrylic-styrene encapsulant easily, might have opened the
diode junction to atmospheric attack.  Anyway, this makes funny flickering
patterns in the green lights, standing flamingos and other oddments of my
imagination.

M.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com