See  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4307826.stm

 So, two guys get a Nobel prize for discovering that a bacterial
infection causes ulcers.  A simple antibiotic cures the problem.

Does anyone see anything DRAMATICALLY WRONG with this event?  They
describe the discovery as "bloody obvious" and say that they were
"shunned"
and labeled as "eccentric".  More than that,  decades of "modern
medicine"  fail to correctly identify the simple cause of a painful and
debilitating condition.
If this sort of thing can 'get by'  the supposed experts for huge
periods of time, WHAT ELSE could we be missing ESPECIALLY in scientific
fields that
are vastly more speculative and remote than the immediate task of curing
a pain in your gut?

This event is downright scary - has society become so artificial and
isolated in its logic as to permit this?

Nor is this the only example.  Recently, I got over a 2 month long viral
infection that felt like it would never end.  I recalled that when I was
20 years old,
I was diagnosed with mononucleosis. I made the mono go away in two days
after taking large doses of vitamin C.  I tried the same thing with my
recent illness
and , in a few days, got the same result.  I have since read that many
alternative doctors have long known this and commented on the dramatic
recovery of people
with mono using vitamin C in large doses.

I conclude that we - our culture of technology - could be dead wrong
about an astounding number of things - given that it takes us decades of
struggle even
to recognize "bloody obvious" cures.