Ryan cemented a type-B platinum thermocouple though the center of the
plug.  So he had actual data on the core temperature which got to about
1200C.  The thermocouple at the surface only reported getting to about 850C
at the same time.  Parkhomov measured his temperature in between - on the
outside of the reaction tube in the middle of the heater coil turns - not
at the surface.

Architecturally, if proton conduction and reaction with the heater coil
ever proves to be a contributor to the excess heat, it could not be
replicated in the dogbone.  The dogbone has a small air gap between the
reaction tube and the heater tube (and the heater coil is on the other side
of the alumina heater tube), so any H that diffused through the reaction
tube would become H2 or H2O and escape before ever making it to the dogbone
heater wire.  It wouldn't make any difference what the heater wire was in
the dogbone - it is not designed to take advantage of that.

For any possible reaction with the heater wire, the wire would have to be
wrapped directly in contact with the reaction tube where the conducted H
would escape directly onto wire.  This is the way Parkhomov made his heater
coil.  A direct replication of Parkhomov would certainly included this.
Such replications are underway, but will take some time to get the
materials together.

MFMP is asking questions to Parkhomov and I am looking forward to his
answers.