seems to fit the circumstances.

From: Jack Cole

I wonder to what extent the temperature gradient could have been a factor in
the failure with one end of the tube being much cooler (the part that is
outside of the heating element with the compression fitting on it).  Perhaps
this would reduce the amount of pressure the alumina could contain?

Mark Jurich wrote:

I believe there maybe an error in this pressure estimate