From: Bob Higgins [mailto:rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 7:13 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:Explosion May Be Out of Control LENR

Having a switching control of the heater bias is not at all going to fix a
reactor that is unstable once it reaches a critical temperature.  Such a
reactor will continue to rise in temperature with NO input at all (pulse width
=0).  Such devices as have been shown today have essentially a fixed thermal
resistance to some temperature sink near ambient.  The only thermal change that
will quench such an out of control reaction is to lower the thermal resistance
to the low temperature sink.  One good way to do this is with having convection
cooling and having a fan blow a variable amount of cool air over the reactor.
There is no need for water because it is difficult to control the amount of
cooling you get to such a high temperature device.  Air can be really linear in
thermal cooling.  In fact, you could use the air flow as a temperature
regulator in combination with the heater control.

Also, note that Rossi does use a thermocouple control for his hotCats - it is
seen in his lab photographs.  He monitors the core temperature and puts that
into a PID controller.  Such a controller can behave in ON/OFF mode to
completely turn OFF the bias heat when the temperature rises above a preset
limit.  There can also be alarms put in that controller that would turn on a
fan to lower the thermal resistance to ambient.  All with his hotCat hardware
today.  And Rossi does use pulse width control of the AC power he is supplying.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 1:40 PM, David Roberson