Here is a big story for Mauro Lacy, if he is still tuned into Vortex, or
anyone else with cosmology credentials .

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-02/anu-afi022415.php

This "impossible" object presents us with the distinct possibility of a new
version of the Big Bang which can explain Universal expansion in a unique
way. This could be called "bifurcated expansion". which is basically a
single expansion, followed by the early contraction of a fraction of the
original mass; and then a continuing expansion or the remainder - all in the
first billion years.

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model and it proposes
that the Universe was in a very high density state and expanded with a
single bang approximately 13.8 billion years ago and that matter and
antimatter were not created in equal amounts. But [SDSS J0100+2802] as the
ultra-luminous quasar is called, is too large for the Big Bang model to
accommodate. Effectively all bets are now off, since the Big Bang theory
will be shown to be incorrect by this discovery.

This object is a singularity which could be telling us that IT alone is the
actual locus - the place of origin of the Universe, and that everything
subsequently derived from this exact location (which is between Pisces and
Andromeda from our perspective). Thus, what we have is an initial Creation
event which expanded for many millions of years but which then cooled and
underwent a basic change - so that part of the total mass (perhaps half)
coalesced and contracted, while the other half continued to expand, gaining
velocity from the half which contracted. We could surmise that the half
which coalesced was antimatter, or at least another form of matter (mirror
matter) and the half that continued to expand is the regular matter, which
we know and love. The implication is that [SDSS J0100+2802] is composed
exclusively of antimatter (or mirror matter).

You heard it first on vortex. :-)