Hi,

Just arrived from Bob Greenyer (MFMP):

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ntgj0_CUo2U9Ic0lgoHEFgezpXZq6vIcbkD1LP2zLuk/

As Bob Cook notes, any β+ decay will result in annihilation photons:

β+ + β- → 2ɣ + Q (511 keV)

Once the positron is produced, it will quickly find an electron nearby, and
the matter-antimatter reaction will result in two energetic photons flying
off in opposite directions.  These photons are energetic enough that they
are unlikely to be stopped even by thick metal shielding.  If we're talking
about watts of XP, e.g., ~ 1e12 reactions per second, and one or more
participating reactions produce even a small number of beta+ decays, these
photons will be everywhere.

I have an active imagination and can imagine all kinds of things that might
be thermalizing gammas in certain contexts.  But it's hard to see where a
theory that predicts significant beta+ decay (e.g., Piantelli's) can go in
face of the experimental evidence.  I guess we should all keep an open mind.

Eric