From: Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Mon, Apr 6, 2015 6:45 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Photon "storage" and quasi-coherence in alumina

  Frank-

  I listened to an interview you gave, I believe in 2012.  I understand better
where you are coming from.

  I agree that the use of iron can increase the local magnetic fields.  I do
not understand why you suggest the local magnetic fields induced by the iron
would not change the local field that nucleons experience.  I would say they
would.  The local magnetic field in a NMR machine does affect the nucleon
experienced field, and it establishes additional nuclear spin energy states to
which nucleons can be excited by RF radiation.  As the magnetic field is shut
off the excited states decay back to ground.  The decay radiation is what is
monitored in an MRI medical scanner, I believe.

  Nevertheless, in your concept what is the source of energy providing the
excess heat in LENR?

  For example, I have always considered it is a loss of mass of the reactants
that was converted to the phonic lattice energy.  The question has been: What
is the mechanism for this loss of mass.  I have concluded it is spin energy of
virtual excited particles, for example, 2 D particles fusing to form a virtual
He* particle with high nuclear orbital spin.  The He*  decays to He ground
state and distribution of the spin energy and its angular momentum to the many
electrons of the coherent Pd system in small quanta of energy and angular
momentum.

  Bob