I wrote:

> If there's neutron stripping along the lines of 7Li → 6Li, giving rise to
> 58Ni → ... → 62Ni, this process might not be the only neutron stripping one
> going on, and perhaps not even the primary one.

There is a further problem with explaining the excess heat in the Lugano test
as being based entirely on 7Li neutron stripping.  I recall calculations that
have shown that the amount of 7Li needed to explain the reported excess heat
was too low by an order of magnitude.  It does not help our understanding,
unfortunately, that the heat balance has huge error bars.

Eric