>From Terry,

> Would those invisible fences with the shock collar work on a cat?

> They're a lot less expensive and seem to work for dogs.

We actually discussed the matter. My wife thinks the shock treatment would be
disastrous to try on our outdoor cat. She may be right. If we are ultimately
forced to enforce 24 hour house arrest on our cat I would prefer to install a
cat recommended fence such as those approved by Jackson Galaxy, the creator of
"My Cat from Hell" TV series seen on the Animal Planet.

Photo examples of cat proof fences:

http://store.purrfectfence.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KIT-

https://catnipsfelineadvicepage.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/katzecure-double-rollars.jpg

https://catnipsfelineadvicepage.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/chicken-wire-cat-proof-fence.jpg

https://catnipsfelineadvicepage.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/winter-cat-proofing.jpg

Some designs are rather creative like the katzecure double rollers. Cats don't
like climbing up fences where they are forced to climb upside down to get out.
Unfortunately, most of these designs tend to make your property look like a
mini-state penitentiary.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

OrionWorks.com