Let's say that the kid's clock looked like a Hollywood bomb. The kid gets
accosted by school personnel. So far so good. But instead of handcuffing him,
belittling him, calling the cops, and suspending him, intelligent school
personnel would have looked at the clock seen that it was no bomb, warned the
kid to not pretend it was a bomb, and sent him off to class. End of story.

You don't think islamophonia and racism didn't have a major role to play in
what actually happened? Please.

Too many Americans have proven themselves easy to scare, and the bigots have
stepped in and taken advantage of this.

The result is a country in which irrationality and irrational behavior is
excused by claiming fear. We see this in our foreign policy; we see it in the
instance of a kid with his
clock-that-to-some-think-looks-like-a-Hollywood-bomb-but-isn't.

Cheers,
Larry

Sent from my iPhone