On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Lawrence de Bivort <ldebiv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Let's say that the kid's clock looked like a Hollywood bomb.

Yes, let's acknowledge this simple point, for our own credibility.  Let's
go further for the sake of completeness -- it's missing the explosives.

The kid gets accosted by school personnel. So far so good. But instead of
> handcuffing him, belittling him, calling the cops, and suspending him,
> intelligent school personnel would have looked at the clock seen that it
> was no bomb, warned the kid to not pretend it was a bomb, and sent him off
> to class. End of story.

Not the end of story.  Will the kid try to put explosives in it in a week
or two and come back to school?  Probably not.  Maybe.

You don't think islamophonia and racism didn't have a major role to play in
> what actually happened? Please.

I haven't argued there was no islamophobia.

Eric