I was reading the entry for cold fusion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_fusion

While I agree with this statement:

*Cold fusion is a hypothetical type of nuclear reaction
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reaction> that would occur at, or
near, room temperature <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_temperature>.
This is compared with the "hot" fusion
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fusion> which takes place naturally
within stars <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_sequence>, under immense
pressure and at temperatures of millions of degrees.*

The following statement is utterly false:

*There is currently no accepted theoretical model which would allow cold
fusion to occur.*

For example, both muon and pyro electric fusion will occur at room
temperatures.  We also now have a published statement about laser induced
fusion happening at low temperatures.

I think we're doing a massive disservice to researchers everywhere by
obsessively defining the concept of "cold fusion" as pons/fleischman.
 Normal people care whether fusion can occur  with minimal investment and
low temperatures.

I think it will also help the community at large if they view cold fusion
as completely doable.  There will be increased investment in the area if
people can use the term without having to apologize.  Hopefully people will
stop wasting money on these moronic ITER experiments.