In short – this looks like a rather poor effort to me.

From: Bob Cook

It looks to me like Mats scooped all the other news outlets.  Good work Mats.

The paper is quite good and understandable.  Neutron spallation and slow
neutron transmutation stimulated by a an electric field gradient (maybe across
a surface) at a certain resonance.  Lots  of parameters that can be engineered.
  Seems to fit Rossi’s conditions well.

Bob Cook