as far as I understand, low energy neutrons will be a hazard because of the
transmutations they cause, if the target is not controlled and safe...
a neutron in iron, oxygen, carbon, may produce something radioactive, or
just structural damage...

anyway as I've heard from Svein O , the paper propose that the neutrons are
swapped between two nucleus after a period of entanglement, with higher
probability for a swap that produce energy.

No neutron can exit because it would not be energy effective...

in a way this match well the idea of Ed Storms about what have to happen
inside his NAE, the hydroton : a quantum object emerge with the
entanglement of many atoms, and when the entanglement is broken, there is
some probability that a state of lower energy is occupied.

anyway I feel that we are a bit too enthusiastic on that theory proposal,
as all enthusiasm before have been cooled, at least a little.