I am hoping the Mark Jurich will fill us in on the Q&A from SJS yesterday.

From: Stephen Cooke

Yup it's certainly astonishing if true.

If a Nucleon is disintegrating this way, I wonder how it still can meet
conservation rules. In order to form pions it implies quark anti quark pairs
with combinations of up and down quarks are formed from a nucleon. In effect
the equivalent quarks for a anti nucleon need to be produced. If they interact
with another nucleon I suppose they may change transfer energy to that nucleon
and change the nucleon type and conserve spin etc somehow to maintain
conservation states otherwise I suppose the conservation might be taken up by
the kind of produced lepton and neutrinos produced. I'm curious how it can work
I suppose we will need to wait to see the of their theory.

Sent from my iPad