On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, William Beaty wrote:

> What if the blue glow from Al electrolysis CAN produce tanning; what if
> it's a source of "hard" shortwave UV radiation?

Separate topic:  exotic biology. If the ultraviolet glow is from microbes,
then bactericides such as Sodium Azide or perhaps even chlorine bleach
might kill the organisms and keep the aluminum from glowing.  A small
percentage of sodium azide would be a quick test for biology.  The stuff
is supposedly pretty nasty for all DNA-using life forms, and was used in
some early Nanobacteria experiments.

Think in terms of evolution: what could a microbe do if it easily survives
hard UV emission, and also emits hard UV itself?  It's like penicillin,
like toxin-producing microbes which kill off the competition.  And if the
bugs can handle that much hard UV, then they can live even in shallow
water and wet land surface on ancient Earth before the ozone layer started
blocking the short end of the UV spectrum.  (Don't forget that another
one, S. Radiodurans bacteria, can tolerate enormous gamma ray flux, and
wouldn't be harmed by living inside a fission reactor.)

I don't know of any chemical reactions which fluoresce in shortwave UV, so
if Reich's bions are real, then maybe they've harnessed LENR or hydrinos
or something else that makes UV.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci