On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, William Beaty wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, thomas malloy wrote:
> > According to Reich, nanobacteria, or something similar, can be
> > produced by placing beach sand, previously heated to incandescence on
> > sterile growth medium, in a orgone accumulator. Perhaps this strategy
> > might be useful in inducing LENRs. It is reported that when he
> > followed the above scenario, it gave him a tan with his clothes on,
> > IMHO, that's a scarry thought.

Sorry, I didn't see all the implications of Reich Bions.

What if the blue glow from Al electrolysis CAN produce tanning; what if
it's a source of "hard" shortwave UV radiation?  If the electrode was
immersed deep in UV-blocking water behind UV-blocking soda-glass, we might
never suspect it was happening.  (And if Reich's results were real, then
he was lucky to stumble upon them, via shallow open petri dishes.)

Also, does the aluminum-electrolysis blue glow vanish instantly when the
circuit is opened?  If the glow was biological (or even non-electric
chemistry), then we'd expect it to persist for awhile when the current was
suddenly halted.  (Heh.  Does is glow switch on again if the disconnected
electrolysis cell is placed in an Orgone box?)

Also, it might be possible to get the UV out into the air where it can be
analyzed. If water blocks UV, a THIN layer of water should let it out.
How thin?  Would a few mm of water still block most of the UV?  If the
electrolysis cell was built in a petri dish with a metal screen electrode
above, and aluminum below, then any UV radiation only needs to travel
vertically through one or two mm of water.

Or, if the glow persists for awhile after the power supply is removed, we
could simply yank the aluminum out of the cell and check it's UV output.

Anybody have a short-UV detector?  Forrest Mims was making these for a
science fair project a few years ago, using silicon light detectors with
narrowband UV-pass filters.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci