From: Bob Higgins

*       The X(1) species of Rydberg matter is shown to exist in particular for
H/D and the alkali metals having commonly 7 or more atoms.

There is a particular alloy - LiH6  which is the compound of most interest to
me but it is not really Rydberg matter – but it is close to what I believe
Holmlid is seeing. However, his version is denser by far than the metallic
version. This alloy can occur with potassium as well. It is a metallic hydrogen
alloy which has been actually produced with the diamond anvil at 25% of the
normally required pressure. Some info and a pic here:
http://phys.org/news/2009-10-unexpected-hydrides-stable-metals-pressure.html

I think that Holmlid’s denser hydrogen alloy with lithium becomes a superatom
which will not require containment, but as you say – it is still 2D and must be
supported… The “snowflake” is an apt description.

*       Are these Rydberg clusters better described as large molecules?  A
small particle of metal? Generalized condensed matter?  How do you ascribe mass
density to something only one atomic layer thick?  It is interesting to
consider.

This particular one could be called any or all of the above – and with 12
hydrogen bonds, it could be rather tightly bound. I think it is best called a
superatom complex (see google entry).

This topic (dense hydrogen) is very complex, and it is hard to generalize. As
for replication, I have a few ideas which are not ready for prime time, but
which I’m writing up in the form of a concept paper. I have a strong feeling
that dense hydrogen is the ticket to understanding LENR… but pf cpurse, only
when replicated.

Jones

t.