Axil wrote:"Why should the quark be any different than the electron. The quark
must also be a toroid made out of a knotted photon with fractional charge
connected to its anti particle by a monopole field."

See Barut article at
https://books.google.com.tr/books?id=P4jkBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA344&lpg=PA344&dq=a.o.+barut+lepton+and+quarks&source=bl&ots=j-RawR3zV7&sig=ve1Tu2arEQK2OLzjuGWm4vfTQe8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFvYHpr7vKAhXDJA8KHfP1DIIQ6AEISjAN#v=onepage&q&f=true
Barut suggested quarks could merely electrons and bound together (and neutinos)
with very strong magnetic forces.
He wrote "We see that magnetic interactions at short distance have a very rich
structure, manifestations like 'strong interactions', like the rich structure
of particle physics itself."
I demonstrated that spinning dipole magnets get bounded in very rich
oscillation modes, the key is magnetic dipole moments are not fixed in one
direction but have angular oscillations.