From: Eric Walker
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 12:56 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: DoE Funds Two Advanced Nuclear Programs

Am I mistaken in thinking that the disposal of fuel waste is an issue that is
shared by all fission reactor designs?

It seems to me that after Fukushima, passive safety and simplicity of design
are no-brainers for fission power.  Perhaps the pebble-bed reactor has critical
issues.  I wonder how the Chinese effort is going.

Eric