From: Jones Beene
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 9:48 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]: Orbo power packs

Bob,

Do you have any comment on the Burgener patent in the context of Orbo?

There are anomalies in circuits which seem to turn up whenever batteries,
supercaps and electrets are combined. This is a lure, and Steorn bit - but no
one has pulled it off before in a long term device. I have a feeling that
Steorn saw a real anomaly but jumped the gun on bringing it to market too soon.

It goes back to having both types of charge carriers (electron and ionic) and
both types of current (conduction current and displacement current), combined
with a constant source of phantom voltage from the electret, and in the case of
Burgener – both a ferroelectric and ferromagnetic juxtaposition.

Even with the problems which have turned up, I am less skeptical than before
that there is a real energy anomaly here. This does not mean that Steorn is
capable of harnessing it, since they have demonstrated no level of high skill
or acumen (other than in fundraising) so the door is still open for others with
the proper skills.

From: Bob Higgins

It appears from the Steorn video description pointed to by Jones below that the
the "power packs" behave as an unusual capacitor.  The device appears to have
separate charge and discharge modes.  In charge mode the capacitor-like
"power-packs" are "charged" from a high voltage source (2x9V battery with
series 1Mohm resistor).  While charging, the capacitance appears to be very
low, call it Cc, and it doesn't take much Coulombic charge (not many electrons)
to reach a voltage of, say 5V.  Then the capacitor-like "power pack" is
switched to a load.  In discharge, the capacitance, Cd, appears to be much
higher than Cc, allowing more Coulombic charge (more electrons) to be taken out
before the device reaches its minimum discharge voltage.  This is a quite
unusual [classically impossible over-unity] device, which still may be related
to an electret.  It appears that the capacitor-like "power pack" elements are
of "jelly roll" construction due to their cylindrical form factor.

If the "power pack" devices truly work in this fashion, I can easily see how
over-unity energy is delivered.

Jones Beene wrote:

Prototypes have been shown. Not sure of current status as there were legal
disputes involved. Eye witnesses under NDA have seen it producing electrical
power. There is a chance that “something like this” is involved in the Steorn
device (to the extent that either device actually works over an extended
period) but I doubt it - since Steorn doesn’t seem to work, firstly - and
secondly doesn’t have a magnetic field. Here is an update:

http://dispatchesfromthefuture.com/2016/02/new-video-reveals-ocube-components-describes-problems/