Lennart Thornros <lenn...@thornros.com> wrote:

> 1. Based on his previous work, Penon is not qualified to do calorimetry. I
> have no clue about how well you know this guys qualifications except you
> read a report you think was flawed. If the COP was 50, then I (and I am not
> good at calorimetry) could give the answer that at least COP6 was reached.

As it happens, I just posted a message describing some of the reasons I am
not impressed.

If you read the report, and you were impressed, I think you need to learn a
little more about calorimetry. It was as bad as the Lugano report. Some of
the same mistakes were in both.

> 3. He is not licensed in Florida to do this kind of measurement. Sorry
> but license is just an issue of passing a simple exam and pay the fees. I
> know there is probably some experience required but that can always be
> fixed - believe me.BTW if he is licensed anywhere would that make a
> difference.

A license and the proper procedures can be the difference between life and
death. The exams are NOT simple. I have seen them, and I am sure I would
fail them.

I have never worked with large industrial equipment. But I have been in
factories, and in ship engine rooms. I have talked to OSHA inspectors and
HVAC engineers. My late father was fireman first class in the engine room
of a steamship built around 1910, and he told me a lot about it. He did
that for 6 years until his arm was crushed in an accident. There are not
one, not two, but DOZENS of ways you can kill yourself, blow up the
building or sink the ship when you make a mistake with a boiler. Even
today, with all the automatic controls, it is still dangerous. And yes, you
can confuse 200 kW with 1 MW (or vice versa) by doing it wrong. That is why
boilers blow up. Look at Defkalion for an example of how badly you can make
a mistake doing industrial scale calorimetry.

> 4. I. H. said they disagree with the result. They know more about
> calorimetry than Penon does, so I am inclined to believe them. Now you
> are way out of line. IH does not know anything.

I have met with those people at conferences. I can judge their knowledge.