Russ, have you estimated the number of people that would have standing in
such a case against the USPTO?  I think, to have standing, an inventor
would have had to make a LENR patent application that was rejected.  They
may be later found to have been rejected for reasons other than LENR, but
forget that for now.  How many inventors do you believe have actually
submitted LENR patents and have been rejected?  I suspect the number would
be less than 30.

While personally I would be sympathetic, I would have no standing in such a
case for not ever having filed a patent application for LENR.  From what
Mitchell Swartz told me at ICCF-13, he was very frustrated with what he
believed was intentional subterfuge by the USPTO in his applications.

It would be interesting to hear if there would be other conditions that
would expand the group size that would have standing in such a suit.

Also, because the USPTO is a government agency, don't you need some kind of
congressional approval to sue them?