That is to say "accept the experimental results and form a theory around the data", not ignore what doesn't fit one's model.

The contextual meaning says "accept the facts of experience".

Ruby

On 4/25/16 6:43 AM, Bob Cook wrote:
Peter--
You quoted Ed Storms as follows:
*“Once again, science has been forced to either reject the obvious or accept the impossible” (Ed Storms)***
**
IMHO the bread and butter of science is accepting the impossible and trying to explain it in a logical manner based on observations of real phenomena. To “reject the obvious” (real observed phenomena) is _not_ part of science. Thus, this is _not_ an option for real scientists, only make believe righteous people who claim to know the truth. It is sad from my viewpoint that such a large fraction of the so-called scientific community is made up of such folks.
Bob Cook

*From:* Robert Dorr <mailto:rod...@comcast.net>
*Sent:* Sunday, April 24, 2016 10:52 AM
*To:* vortex-l@eskimo.com <mailto:vortex-l@eskimo.com>
*Subject:* Re: [Vo]:great paper by Ed Storms, quarrel, a bit of info

A good paper, especially for those interested in the PdD aspect of LENR. I like Ed Stroms approach of the PdD reaction.

Robert Dorr
WA7ZQR

At 09:56 AM 4/24/2016, you wrote:
http://egooutpeters.blogspot.ro/2016/04/apr-24-2016-lenr-great-paper-by-ed.html

cannot abandon independent thinking or just thinking

All the best,
peter

--
Ruby Carat