Ruby--

I appreciate your comment.

I had to think about what the quote meant for some time.  I did read Ed’s paper
and agree with a lot of it, particularly the establishment’s influence on LENR
research over the years.

I looked at the literal meaning of his quote and concluded that rejecting the
obvious is not a correct scientific action.   I think that was the context of
Ed’s paper--- “accept the facts of experience” as you note.

I did not like the inference of the quote that Science has an option; only
non-science, faith based mental activity, has that option—to ignore facts and
accept miracles.

I wanted to make the point that science—scientists--do not reject the obvious.
  I think that many folks that read Vortex-l will not read Ed’s paper, and
some with think that rejecting the obvious is a correct scientific action.

I repeat my earlier comment—“It is sad from my viewpoint that such a large
fraction of the so-called scientific community is made up of such folks.”

The folks I have in mind are found at DOD, DOE and many other places like
universities and media outlets.  Ed worked at one such  DOE entity any years,
as did I, although not the same one.  I thought that Ed was referring to the
managements of such places (and not many of the true scientists that worked
with him) when he identified the option they have.

Thanks again for your comment,

Bob