Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

People(Jed?) have criticized that the data was hand written by the ERV, but
> this would avoid any computer related data manipulation.

A person can easily manipulate data written by hand! It is easier than
manipulating computer data.

This takes me back . . . to a stroll down memory lane.

Back in the days when bookkeepers at companies and banks kept data by hand,
they often embezzled money by entering fake numbers into the ledgers. Often
they would do this by keeping two sets of books, a fake one, and a real one
which was hidden. When computers were first introduced, embezzlers tried
using similar methods. Programmers soon learned how to defeat them.

I began programming in 1978 in some accounting applications. Programmers
were then in the last stages of defeating the old manual methods of
embezzling and cooking the books. I heard a lot about it. The crooks had
also learned some new computer-based methods of stealing, such as the
salami slice technique and ZZubrinski, Z., which were a lot of fun to learn
about.