Yes, Eric.
I think he is a man on a mission.
I do not say your two conclusions are wrong. I think there are many more
conclusions and to select is hard or impossible. Yes, if we limit the field
to engineering than they are fewer. Both yours are possibly thoughts
created by an entrepreneur and all psychological.

The assumption that Rossi's behavior is rational is not an axiom I accept.

I hope he has the COP > 3. That would be good for us all. Unfortunately I
 see very little light in the tunnel otherwise. Maybe my fellow country man
Holmlid has a better solution. Problem is that he is in the academical
world - good from many reasons other than speed. I think there is no reason
to throw Rossi under the bus. There are details (that is amazing to me)
that indicates he has something. They are not worth speculating about but I
am sure you have seen a few yourself.
Let us wait and see if Rossi is such a darn good scam artist than he can
sell his story to Hollywood (entrepreneurial thinking and still come out
ahead. The LENR community is in no hurry (waited over 25 years) so they can
throw him under the next bus when he is in Hollywood

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)