On Jan 18, 2006, at 3:51 AM, Rhong Dhong wrote:

That reminds me of something I have wondered about.

I live in a town on the South shore of Lake Ontario.
If global warming results in a rise in sea-level, will
the raging waters travel down the St. Lawrence Seaway,
and raise the level of Lake Ontario and flood me out?

Or is there a stopper somewhere along the way?

Don't worry! There is plenty of elevation at your location. The water surface elevation drops a lot on the way to the sea. Niagra Falls alone is a good stopper.

The places that may be wiped out without billions in intervention are low lying, like Vienna, Holland, Bangladesh, New Orleans and the entire gulf coast for that matter, and much of Florida.

Horace Heffner