Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

The other thing I (think I) recall about the brouhaha is that disagreement
> over the Correas had a lot to do with it.  Replication is all, and they
> didn't have it.

Oh, yes. The Correas did claim to be replicating Orgone energy. See:

http://www.aetherometry.com/Aetherometry_Intro/Orgone_Motor_Intro.php

I did not like them, their attitude or their work. They claimed the energy
comes from the sun and goes through the earth at night, sort of like
neutrinos. I figured if it go through the earth, it should pass through a
detector or collector without imparting significant energy. I suggested
they try it underground in a basement, at night. They didn't try that. I do
not understand why someone would make that claim and then refuse to do the
obvious test of it.

I seem to recall they did it in sunlight with a solar cell as part of the
gadget. Maybe that was a bad dream?

However, as I recall, Gene worked with someone else who claimed to
replicate Orgone energy. The device was basically a wooden box. It did not
seem convincing but I paid little attention to it, so I cannot judge.