Assuming the boson is made of e- and e+, their kinetic energy would be
equal to mass of the boson minus the pair. This condition might
prevent the anhilation which explain the absence of the gamma. About
e- e+ pairing different from positronium there is a paper of A. O.
Barut titled THE ELECTRON-POSITRON SYSTEM AT SHORT DISTANCES
available from http://library01.ictp.it.