Yes, I agree Jones, There are many hosts to the reaction, which by some logic should make the reaction independent of any host, (with regards to the common qualities of those hosts). In all cases, hydrogen is used, so I refer to hydrogen (D and H) as the fuel for the reaction.

There is a basic disagreement on whether or not there is one mechanism that creates all the different effects, or, multiple mechanisms that create all the different effects. Several opinions have been expressed here, and I have my own opinion, but I try to keep it to myself and let the scientists duke it out.

Neither am I an expert on nuclear reactions, but I think the reaction with Lithium that you are referring to also makes 2 helium per reaction, so that would mean that there would have to be even MORE helium measured to get the same amount of heat. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, the Helium-3 detected has been shown to be derived from the decay of tritium, which is another nuclear product observed, but not in amounts enough to account for the energy. I accept that as fact, though am not sure if everybody does. The Arata work suggests to me a situation where more tritium was made.

Thank you again for liking the movie.  It sure is a lot of fun making them.
Ruby