Hi Bob

I think you are right about factors out side the nucleus being of great
importance.

I was wondering if the data from these transmutations and isotopic shifts could
tell us something independent of any theory about the nucleus. For example if
the observed data requires particular states to form and if this could tell us
something about the environment or processes external to the nucleus itself.

I guess much of this has already been considered by many.l though. So probably
I should read a bit more too ;)

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Sep 2016, at 17:12, Bob Higgins