Higgins’s question about the schematic plan of the plant should settle
everything.

 Normally a system producing steam as the heat transfer agent will have a
condenser with a condensate pump in the sump of the condenser.   There is a
negative pressure—not a back pressure as Jed has suggested.  It is created by
the condenser,  thus the condenser creates the differential pressure driving
the steam from the  boiler to the heat sink.

The feed pumps require a net positive suction head to operate properly without
cavitation.  This would normally be established by the condensate pump(s).  If
there were voids—air bubbles for example—in the feed line, the pumps would fail
in short more than likely.

Undesirable two-phase (air/water) feed flow to the reactor would create water
hammer which could not be tolerated for long and be very noticeable to anyone
near the steam producing plant.

I find it hard to believe that Rossi would file suit without knowing for sure
the steam system worked as I have suggested.

It is telling that discovery has not brought such a schematic into the court
record.  Rossi’s lawyers stand to make a fortune on IH stringing out the court
proceedings IMHO.

Bob Cook

Sent from Mail for Windows 10