Roibin—

I agree that dimensionless constants are ok.  I stand corrected.

Bob cook

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: H LV
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 7:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Tresino, EZBW, Barut, h and bound state of spinning magnets



On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 8:48 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
In reply to  <[email protected]>'s message of Sat, 11 Feb 2017 09:14:56
-0800:
Hi,
[snip]
>Constants in theories only reflect limited understanding of the natural laws 
>IMHO.  To get at the truth, we need to eliminate constants from our logic and 
>resulting truths.  (Constants are ok  for engineers that try to develop some 
>practical device.)
>
[snip]

You need at least some constants to describe relative sizes. I.e. dimensionless
constants.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/project.html

​There might also be an underlying relationship between the constants of nature 
and the constants of mathematics.

wikipedia page on various mathematical constants
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_constant

Harry​


Reply via email to